Wednesday, August 17, 2011


Two powerful and true testimonies that Christ lives!
That He is our Savior!!

Today I finished reading 2 Nephi in the Book of Mormon. I love Nephi! I love the Book of Mormon. It just makes me so excited to share it with everyone. Nephi is so bold and straight to the point. Why shouldn't he be? He knows the truth!

He tells us in verse 4 that "...the words which I have written in weakness will be made strong unto them; for it persuadeth them to do good..." then he continues in verse 5 "And it speaketh harshly against sin, according to the plainness of the truth..." This is the truth! What he is telling us and teaching us is the truth! I know it and I cannot, and will not, ever deny it! The Book of Mormon is true! It IS in fact the Word of God. It teaches plainly what we need to know to gain eternal life. If we believe in Jesus Christ then we will believe in the Book of Mormon. Nephi testifies of this in verse 10 "...hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good." There is NO way around the Book of Mormon! It is the truth and it teaches so clearly.

I know that I testify of the Book of Mormon regularly. But how can I not? When I read from it I feel the Spirit. It motivates me to teach more about it and to bear my humble testimony that it is true. Nephi says that when Christ comes again He will "show unto you, with power and great glory that these are his words" (2 Nephi 33:11) I know it and I want everyone else to feel the truthfulness of it as well. I want all you of to feel the impact that it can have on your life if you read from it daily and make it a part of who you are. Read it!  Love it and find out for yourself that it is true. Jeffery R. Holland  boldly said "If anyone is foolish enough or misled enough to reject 531 pages of a heretofore unknown text teeming with literary and Semitic complexity without honestly attempting to account for the origin of those pages—especially without accounting for their powerful witness of Jesus Christ and the profound spiritual impact that witness has had on what is now tens of millions of readers—if that is the case, then such a person, elect or otherwise, has been deceived; and if he or she leaves this Church, it must be done by crawling over or under or around the Book of Mormon to make that exit." Be not deceived! Do not take anyone's word for it. Come to know that it is true for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment