Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lifes ups and downs.

Life is a roller coaster of emotions! Do you agree? I sure do. It seems that one day can be so different from the day before. And sometimes all at once it might even feel like someone has come in with an invisible bat and hit us in the back of the knees. So what shall we do while we are down?  Pray... seek the Lord to help us overcome the trials we are faced with. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf once said, "To strengthen our relationship with God we need some meaningful time alone with Him." As we strengthen this relationship we will have the extra faith and courage that it takes to overcome anything.

Life is not always daisies and roses. I wish! I, like all of you, have my moments of trial and pain. It is not fun. When I take the extra time to get to know my Father in Heaven better it makes these pains seem very small.

Have you ever sat and just looked at the world that is around you? The ocean or the trees, really just pondered them? I have. While I do it makes me feel so little. Like I am just this little spec in the whole grand scheme of things. But as I study from the Book of Mormon and the Bible, as I have meaningful prayers and really seek guidance from our loving Father, I feel so big and so loved. I come to really understand that He knows me... Sister Surtees. He knows me better than anyone else. He knows how I work, He knows how I act and react, how I feel. He knows where I have been, what I have done and where I can be if I follow Him and His son Jesus Christ. Not only does He know these things and many more for me, but for you as well. We can really get lost in the moment and lost in the world when we step back and remember God. Truly and honestly remember Him and what He has given us, then it makes the moments of weakness and pain just seem to vanish. As we do this, shall we heed the council of our dear living Prophet Thomas S. Monson "Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey"

My mother would always tell us as we left the house, "remember who you are, where you came from and where you are going." I am a Daughter of God. I lived with my Father in Heaven before I came to this earth. He has given me trails to help me grow. He has allowed me to make my own choices and to decide for myself whom I will follow. If I am worthy, if I do all I can here, if I endure my trails with faith, I will one day live with Father again. I am very thankful for my roller coaster days, weeks and tough moments. Because in these moments, they humble me. I am brought back to the rememberance of my Father and all that Has has done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment