Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Baptism

When I was 8 I was baptized by my Dad. It wasn't a huge deal, but to me it was something very special. I can still remember how nervous I was. How excited my family was and the spirit that filled the chapel as the service progressed. I did not understand right then all that it would mean to me later in life. But as I have grown older and studied the scriptures for myself I have come to understand the roll of baptism and why it is so important!
Jesus Christ being BaptizedSince being a missionary and helping others to feel this wonderful Spirit it has brought me such great joy!  I have had the wonderful opportunity to witness many people come unto Christ by receiving this precious gift. I love to share in these tender moments with everyone that has accepted the invitation from our Savior "...follow me, and do the things which ye have seen me do." 2 Nephi 31:12. In Verse 5 Nephi being the bold and loving man that he is asks a profound question "...if the Lamb of God, he being holy, should have need to be baptized by water, to fulfil all righteousness, O then, how much more need have we, being unholy, to be baptized, yea, even by water!"
Why would the Perfect man need to be baptized? Nephi lets us see just how important it is that we are baptized in his simple way. Baptism is the saving ordinance that allows us to enter the Kingdom of our Father. But baptism by any authority wont work. We MUST be baptized by the proper authority of God. Jesus Christ also set the example of this, He walked miles and miles to be baptized of John the Baptist.
"Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be abaptized of him. But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? And Jesus answering said unto him, aSuffer it to be so now: for thus it bbecometh us to cfulfil all drighteousness. Then he suffered him." Matthew 3: 13-15.

My dear Brothers and Sisters, If you have not been baptized by the Proper Authority of God I invite you to do so now! Do NOT procrastinate the day of your repentance. The Authority is only found in Jesus Christs Church! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints IS HIS CHURCH! I promise you that if you pray and make the life changing decision to enter the waters, and be cleansed from your sin, that you will never regret it. I would give anything to help you get there. I would work and pray and fight for you to have the feelings of love and joy that come from following the example of Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment