Saturday, August 20, 2011

A humble prayer... A changed world


I would like to share a story with you that is very dear to my heart. It may sound familiar to you, it may not, but it is a true story! A story that is brilliant and that changed the world!

There was a boy. A 14 year old boy, who read the Bible and loved Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. He wanted to follow them and do as they directed. He wanted to be baptized as the scriptures counciled him to do. He was confused with all the religions. He didn't know where he needed to go to receive this saving ordinance. So he followed the advice of James "if any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God..." On a quite morning he went into a grove of trees. A place where he could be alone and pray to the only one who knows all truth.


As he prayed. The  most amazing experience happened to him. 




He said of this experience "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. . . When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!"

This boy's name was Joesph Smith. He did not know the magnitude his simple prayer would have on the rest of the world. But in those tender moments the world was changed forever. Through Joseph Smith, Jesus Christ restored His gospel to the earth once again.


I love this story. I love the effect it has on my life. I am thankful that Joseph Smith prayed that morning. I am thankful that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father appeared to him. I know that this is true! I have prayed about it. The Spirit of God has come upon me to tell me that it is true. I pray that you will also come to know for yourself that this is true. Let it change your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment