Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pie and Ice Cream

Following the Lord, Jesus Christ can be just as easy as eating delcious pie and ice cream.


How many times does Jesus Christ tell us to do something that seems so easy? Something that we can see the end result of and know that it will bless us? Then how often do we go and do that easy task? Most of the time, because we can see the result it is easy for us! That doesn't take as much faith as doing something that we can not see the result. That is when we are tried and tested and when we really have to rely on faith and the Holy Ghost to help us through it.

In the October 2010 conference President Henry B. Erying gave a wonderful talk titled  "Trust in the Lord, Then Go and Do." In this talk he says, "You show your trust in Him when you listen with the intent to learn and repent and then you go and do whatever He asks. If you trust God enough to listen for His message in every sermon, song, and prayer... you will find it. And if you then go and do what He would have you do, your power to trust Him will grow, and in time you will be overwhelmed with gratitude to find that He has come to trust you."

When I was praying to know if I should come on a mission I didn't know if I would be able to leave everything and everyone behind. It was hard!! I didnt know if I really could do it or not. For a split second I thought of staying home. But I trusted in the Lord. I didnt know how it would turn out but here I am. Serving in the BEST mission in the world with the BEST people in the world. I love it so much and I love teaching people. I have grown to love everything that I do. I could not see the blessings a year ago when I was preparing to come. But now.. Only now that I trusted and jumped in feet first can I have my pie and ice cream and enjoy all the blessings that come with it! Trusting in Jesus Christ is the best and nothing else compares to those feelings you have when you look back and notice that you might have been walking blind but he was holding your hand the entire way. I am thankful for Him. I love Him and I would do anything that He asked me to do. Depending on if I liked it or not. I want to follow Him with exactness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment