Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Faith in our Savior Jesus Christ

What exactly does it mean to have faith. Ether 12:6 says that "faith is things which are hoped for and not seen." So we hope for Jesus Christ to carry us through our troubles and our tears but we do not actually see Him carry us. That makes sense. In Preach my Gospel, a guide for missionary work, it says that faith means we have full trust in Jesus Christ and we are confident that He loves us. We trust in Him enough to live His commandments and follow what He has asked us to do, no matter how hard we may think it is.

Why then is it so hard to have faith sometimes. All we need to do it believe that Jesus Christ will help us and act on what He teaches. That seems easy enough. But we all know that it can be difficult. Having faith is the easy part. Doing the rest is where it can be hard. Shall we all be like Nephi! His faith was so strong that he never second guessed anything he was told to do. "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." 1 Nephi 3:7

I like Nephi know that we would never be given commandments that we wouldn't be able to follow. Lets all make a commitment to rise to a higher degree of obedience. I know in doing so that our faith in the Savior Jesus Christ will grow more and more each day. I know that the only way I get through my day is to follow my Savior and to have faith in Him. That is where it all begins and that is what will get us through. I know with all my heart that He loves me! I have felt His love all around me and in the sweetest moment its almost as if He wraps His arms gentle arms around me to comfort me. I know He lives. I have full confidence that His work will continue despite if we chose to act and follow Him or not. Let us follow Him and not be left behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment