Saturday, October 29, 2011

the search is over!

There was once a time in my life that I didn't know what I wanted. I was selfish. I was not happy.  I did what I wanted to do. I was just stubborn. I thought I knew better and I thought that I had things figured out. When I finished school when I started what I thought was my "dream job" I realized that something was missing. Now don't take me the wrong way. I always went to church and followed Jesus Christ but I still felt like there was something more.

I needed to find out what was missing. I needed to feel like I had a place in my own life. I humbled myself and I turned to my Heavenly Father, this time in sincere prayer. I pleaded with Him and sought for direction. It came in a way that I didn't expect. I learned that I was to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was excited and nervous. I didn't know how everything would work out but I trusted in the Lord.

 Elder Dallin H. Oaks taught, “We have to forego some good things in order to choose others that are better or best because they develop faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and strengthen our families.”

As I prepared to serve a mission. I couldn't believe the place I was beinging to feel in my life. I had clear direction and I felt like I knew exactly what was needed of me. I had given up good opportunities and growth for better growth and a stronger testimony.

This exact experience may or may not happen to you. But I know that if you are missing something... anything in your life that you can and will find it if you seek Heavenly Father.  He will help you! I have been so blessed. I am the happiest when I serve my Father. I know that this is the only way to true happiness. I love my mission and treasue every moment that I have.

 If you ask in sincere prayer for direction and help in your life you will receive it! Jesus Christ taught "Therefore ye must always pray unto the Father in my name;  And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you." (3 Nephi 18:19-20)
Ask our Father in the name of Jesus Christ, you will be answered!

"...our relationship with God is most sacred and vital. We are His spirit children. He is our Father. He desires our happiness. As we seek Him, as we learn of His Son, Jesus Christ, as we open our hearts to the influence of the Holy Spirit, our lives become more stable and secure. We experience greater peace, joy, and fulfillment as we give our best to live according to God’s eternal plan and keep His commandments." Presidnet Dieter F. Ucthdorf

I share these things with you because I know that they are true! The promises of having greater peace, joy, and fulfillment are real! I feel them every single day, and I want you to feel the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment