Thursday, October 27, 2011

tender mercies

As we were studying this morning we got a phone call telling us to walk outside and look at the sun rising behind the trees near our apartment. What a beautiful sight! The clouds were covering the clear blue sky, light broke through in 2 or 3 sections sending rays of sunlight streaming down to the waking world below. My first thought was how beautiful it was. I stood there in aw thinking of all the wonderful things that our Heavenly Father has created. In those small moments as I watched, silently thinking of the Father, I felt love. A tender mercy of His overwhelming love! What perfect timing it was!

 David A Bednar said "I testify that the tender mercies of the Lord are real and that they do not occur randomly or merely by coincidence. Often, the Lord’s timing of His tender mercies helps us to both discern and acknowledge them."

He goes on to explain what a tender mercy is. "I have reflected repeatedly upon the phrase 'the tender mercies of the Lord.' Through personal study, observation, pondering, and prayer, I believe I have come to better understand that the Lord’s tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ."

Each and everyday we are blessed with tender mercies from our Father. He loves us and he wants us to feel His love. I know that as you look for these moments that they will mean more to you. I know that you will feel His love. I have felt these tender mercies in many ways. It is an overwhelming and capturing feeling.

I am so grateful for my Father in Heaven. He is very aware of each of my needs and my desires. He is aware of my pains and my struggles. In the very moment when he sends that tender mercy, I feel on top of the world. Everything disappears and I am filled with His love!

No comments:

Post a Comment