Thursday, October 20, 2011

real love

Love. A funny 4 letter word that seems to be used in lots of situations, by lots of different people. Whats the difference in just saying it and really feeling it?  How do we turn that "saying" into a feeling that runs deep and rich through our veins, pulsing every time we even think about it? Love that grows stronger and stronger every single day?

When I think of this kind of love I think of my Savior Jesus Christ. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 This is the love that I strive for every single day.  When we strive to love as Christ loved. Endless blessings and joy are fitted into our everyday lives, and we turn a love into something greater.

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf  said "When we truly understand what it means to love as Jesus Christ loves us, the confusion clears and our priorities align. Our walk as disciples of Christ becomes more joyful. Our lives take on new meaning. Our relationship with our Heavenly Father becomes more profound. Obedience becomes a joy rather than a burden."

 Even better I think then receiving love is giving love. When we understand Christ's love we desire greater love for others around us. When you give it away it seems to return ten times as stronger. Years ago I found a quote in a chocolate wrapper that said "When two hearts race, both win." This statement is true! I have many experiences with this.

I am so grateful that my Father in Heaven loves me and knows me and just what I need. Without Him I wouldn't be able to love at all. I pray for it daily and desire all those around me to feel the love of Christ through one of His weak servents. I have had some rough moments. He has never left me alone. He places people in my life that help me feel this rich love and that allow me to share my love with them. Seeing those the Father has placed in my path has helped me to feel a love stronger then I ever imagined possible.

"Because love is the great commandment, it ought to be at the center of all and everything we do in our own family, in our Church callings, and in our livelihood. Love is the healing balm that repairs rifts in personal and family relationships. It is the bond that unites families, communities, and nations. Love is the power that initiates friendship, tolerance, civility, and respect. It is the source that overcomes divisiveness and hate. Love is the fire that warms our lives with unparalleled joy and divine hope. Love should be our walk and our talk." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.

May we go forward with greater love. I have felt this love countless times in the last few days. It gives me the power to move on, to keep my chin held high and to fight against the adversary. It motivates me to fight stronger and work harder. How thankful I am for the love of others and the love of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment