Wednesday, January 18, 2012

a test of faith

This morning we woke up to rain. On any normal day this would have been fine. But on this particular day we had decided to ride our bikes. You can call it stubbornness but I wouldn't settle for the warm dry car. When we first started riding the rain had stopped, we thought we would be fine. The further and further we got away from our car the rain slowly became worse. Head down and hands tightly gripped to my handle bars we pressed forward to our appointment. We could have turned back. We could have gotten back in the car and driven, but we had decided to ride.

We all face what seems like unachievable trials. James E Faust said “Everybody in this life has their challenges and difficulties. That is part of our mortal test. The reason for some of these trials cannot be readily understood except on the basis of faith and hope because there is often a larger purpose which we do not always understand. Peace comes through hope.” Peace comes through hope! I love that. What a beautiful thought.

There is always light at the end of the tunnel. As we press through these difficult tasks we need to stay positive and remember that our Savior is always there to support and help us! "Turn to the Lord. Exercise all of the faith you have in Him. Let Him share your burden. Allow His grace to lighten your load." ( Donald D. Hallstrom) I know that if we turn to the Lord He will lighten our load and make the things we are doing easy to bear. The rain beating on our faces wasn't as noticeable as we sang hymns peddling as fast as we could toward the warm home ahead. With faith we can do all things! But having faith doesn't mean that everything will be perfect. Alma a great Book of Mormon prophet explains faith in one of my favorite ways."And now as I said concerning faith—faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true." (Alma 32:21) Remember peace comes through hope? It truly does. 


I love my Savior and am so grateful that He is willing to help and support me in my trials. I could not make it another day if He wasn't there to lift and support me. He pulls me up off  feeble knees daily and helps me to know that I am not alone! I am never alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment