Saturday, January 21, 2012

Just moments ago we went to visit with someone we have been teaching. Her mood had changed, her smile was gone, and she quickly told us she was busy and didn't know when we could come back. As we drove away my heart was burning I was sad. As my companion and I sat in silence thinking to ourselves my mind tuned back into the song that was playing. "Have you ever felt like you are alone" I smiled really big looked at my companion, and started to laugh, knowing that the song was exactly what we needed at that moment. "There's one who knows you perfectly He can take the hurt away.." Loved filled the car and my mind reflected back to the Savior and the matchless love He has for us all.  The tender mercies of the Lord are all around us.

I talk about Jesus Christ all the time. I search for His guidance and I feast upon the scriptures that teach of Him because I love Him! But I never cease to learn more and more about His love and feel it stronger and stronger. I often think of the Testimony of the Living Prophets known as The Living Christ. "He gave His life to atone for the sins of all mankind. His was a great vicarious gift in behalf of all who would ever live upon the earth.We solemnly testify that His life, which is central to all human history, neither began in Bethlehem nor concluded on Calvary. He was the Firstborn of the Father, the Only Begotten Son in the flesh, the Redeemer of the world."

I add my witness to The Living Christ that our Savior lives! He knows me more than anyone. I feel His love as I read from the Book of Mormon, and the Bible. I feel His love as I serve others. I know who to turn to when things get hard, I know who to thank when I am blessed. Not only has He felt my pains and sicknesses but He has felt yours. He has felt the heartbreak and the lonliness. You are not alone, nor will you ever be. We are so blessed to have this kind of love in our lives. Turn to Him and allow Him to heal the hurt that you feel inside. "...after he is laid in a sepulchre for the space of three days he shall rise from the dead, with healing in his wings; and all those who shall believe on his name shall be saved in the kingdom of God. Wherefore, my soul delighteth to prophesy concerning him, for I have seen his day, and my heart doth magnify his holy name." (2 Nephi 25:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment