Saturday, January 14, 2012

just like a rising sun

The other morning we walked out of our apartment to this beautiful Sunrise! It reminded me of a talk by Elder David A. Bednar last April.

He said "The gradual increase of light radiating from the rising sun is like receiving a message from God “line upon line, precept upon precept” (2 Nephi 28:30). Most frequently, revelation comes in small increments over time and is granted according to our desire, worthiness, and preparation. Such communications from Heavenly Father gradually and gently “distil upon [our souls] as the dews from heaven” (D&C 121:45). This pattern of revelation tends to be more common than rare..."

"Sometimes the spirit of revelation will operate immediately and intensely, other times subtly and gradually, and often so delicately you may not even consciously recognize it. But regardless of the pattern whereby this blessing is received, the light it provides will illuminate and enlarge your soul, enlighten your understanding (see Alma 5:7; 32:28), and direct and protect you and your family."

The Spirit of God is real! I have felt it in my own life and it has strengthened my testimony of Jesus Christ and His restored gospel. Most of the time the Spirit speaks to me and guides me just like Elder Bednar explains above. Although it may seem simple and little at the time I know that the results are beautiful and lasting! When I feel the Spirit teach me I can not go contrary to what I have learned!

– PRESIDENT JAMES E. FAUST

If you are seeking an answer to a prayer don't give up! There is hope in the future! When you receive the answer you are seeking nothing will separate you from that. Heavenly Father loves you and will send you His Spirit and it will most likely come just like a rising sun.
The Holy Ghost bears witness of the truth and impresses upon the soul the reality of God the Father and the Son Jesus Christ so deeply that no earthly power or authority can separate him from that knowledge.”

No comments:

Post a Comment