Thursday, January 26, 2012

being a missionary

I love being a missionary. It is my privilege to teach people every day about our Savior Jesus Christ, the Book of Mormon, The Restoration of the Gospel and many other wonderful things. I serve around some young men and women who love doing the same thing I love. Everyday we have the honor to wear the name of Jesus Christ on our chest and spread this powerful message!  I am so thankful to be where I am today!

Why, you might ask, am I so thankful for this wonderful calling? Because it changes people's lives. Hearts are changed and people come closer to our Lord, Jesus Christ. In a unique and special way I form a spiritual bond with people that I teach and work with everyday. It has changed me, and I know that the message that the missionaries teach can change anyone who is willing to listen.

How does this happen? Because we are teaching pure truth that can not be torn down by any person, thing, or argument. Because Jesus Christ is the leader of this great work and we do things His way. Because we teach from The Book of Mormon. It is another testament of Jesus Christ and we are the only Church that recognizes it as scripture. This book sets us apart and teaches true doctrine. "It puts forth the doctrines of the gospel, outlines the plan of salvation, and tells men what they must do to gain peace in this life and eternal salvation in the life to come." (Introduction)

I know the Promise at the close of the Book of Mormon is true! It has worked for me and I know it can work for you. "We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost. (See Moroni 10:3–5.) Those who gain this divine witness from the Holy Spirit will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that Joseph Smith is his revelator and prophet in these last days, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the second coming of the Messiah."

Contact a missionary! Invite them into your home to teach you this life changing message! And if you have heard it before, if you are already a member. Share it with your friends and allow the Spirit of the Lord to work in their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment