Thursday, December 22, 2011

sticky notes of love

My mind is racing all over the place! It has been a crazy last few days. I have been out of my normal area and in Jacksonville. I was not used to all the traffic and the hustle and bustle of the city. I missed my little Country town. I missed the zillions of stars and the quiet, peaceful back roads. I was so thankful to be back into my own area. Coming back meant bringing a new companion with me. Fear soon settled into my mind and the thought of "starting over" played over and over in my head. It was not a thought that I wanted. But the tender mercies of the Lord were all over when we walked into our apartment.

My former Companion had put sticky notes all over my wall to thank me. Even though I didn't feel like I had done anything. On each note was something that she liked about me or something that I had taught her. Tears settled in and I could feel the Spirit testify to me that what I was doing was right. That is one of the best feelings ever. These last few days have taught me a lot about being humble. Preach my Gospel talks about humility. It says when you are humble "You are confident that you can do whatever the Lord requires of you if you rely on Him." I will not lie to you. I have a hard time being humble. But I am so thankful for the lessons that I have learned about this Christ like attribute!

I cant explain to you the exact moment that humbled me. I cant pin point my feelings that helped me learn this valuable lesson but I am so grateful that it happened. I have full faith and trust in my Savior Jesus Christ. One of my favorite Scriptures is Alma 26:12, "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak.."  I was trying to take on the world by myself, but was brought to realize that I am not alone in this. Through all the events and advice that I have been given the last week or so I have learned so much! James E. Faust said  "...It is the humility that allows us to accept and live with our own warts, without cosmetics to hide them.” Step back for a second! Think of the Lord and all that He has done for you. The marvelous things that He has planned for you and I promise that you will be brought to humility. You will come to know just like I did that I can not do it alone but with Him I can do all things!

No comments:

Post a Comment