Saturday, December 24, 2011

direct answer


I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ on the earth! I know that the Priesthood has been restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith and that through that Priesthood we are each blessed! There is no other way that the experience that I am about to share could have happened, only through the proper authority given from our loving Father in Heaven!

I know that our Father in Heaven answers our prayers and that He hears our deep cries for help! The last few days I have learned a lot of lessons. It seems I have been battling with my own mind. At last I felt like I couldn't handle it and so I asked for a Priesthood Blessing. During my studies that morning I asked Heavenly Father specifically what it was that I thought I needed. Specifically what I thought He could help me with. I pleaded wit Him for His help, I talked with Him as if He was sitting right in front of me. When we arrived for my blessing like they always do the Priesthood holders asked me what I needed a blessing for. Choking back the tears I told them a little of my concerns, leaving out some details and left the rest up to the Spirit. As their hands rested upon my head I felt the Spirit from God all around. I felt His warm love overwhelm me and cover me with a blanket of comfort. Not only were the words that were spoken inspired from God, but the feelings that were in the room, and the almost silent words that pierced my heart. In my blessing I was given a direct answer to my prayer! I had prayed for something very specific. During the blessing I was blessed with that exact thing that I asked for earlier in the day.

There is no other way that the Elder that gave me the blessing could have known. He used the same wording and the same phrase that I had prayed about. As I reflected on this over and over through the rest of the night I changed. I gained a sure knowledge that Heavenly Father works through the Priesthood. That He loves each of us so personally and will answer our prayers. There is no way that this Church could be false. This is the Church of Jesus Christ and I invite everyone to feel what I have felt! I am so thankful for those Elders. I am so thankful that they were willing and worthy to use the Priesthood and that they followed the Spirit while doing so.

"The priesthood is here. It has been conferred upon us. We act in that authority. We speak as sons of God in the name of Jesus Christ and as holders of this divinely given endowment. We know, for we have seen, the power of this priesthood... Paul wrote concerning the priesthood: 'No man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.' (Heb. 5:4.) We have not acquired it through purchase or bargain. The Lord has given it to men who are considered worthy to receive it, regardless of station in life, the color of their skin, or the nation in which they live. It is the power and the authority to govern in the affairs of the kingdom of God. It is given only by ordination by the laying on of hands by those in authority to do so. The qualification for eligibility is obedience to the commandments of God. There is no power on the earth like it. Its authority extends beyond life, through the veil of death, to the eternities ahead. It is everlasting in its consequences." President Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment