Friday, December 2, 2011

living the doctrine

This morning as I studied my scriptures I kept thinking of all these silly little things that I do wrong. Things that I think "hold me back" from becoming my full potential. As I prayed for the strength to overcome these things I thought of the Doctrine of Jesus Christ.

The Doctrine of Jesus Christ is centered on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. As we focus on Him then we build our faith as our faith grows then we have a desire to repent of the things that we have done wrong. Which leads to Baptism for a remission of our sins and then the Gift of the Holy Ghost is placed upon us by the laying on of hands. Then we Endure. My "wheel" image of the Doctrine of Christ shows this cycle.

This morning As I was thinking about these silly little things I couldn't help myself from being so excited and happy. The Spirit of the Lord was teaching me in a new way. In a special way that was personal to me. I understood from that teaching that each and everyday that we live this Doctrine we are becoming better and better. Most people have big things that they need to fix and habits or sins that keep them from obeying God's commandments. But as we live the Doctrine of Christ those things become smaller and smaller. Our desires to do better increase and our bigger issues become smaller finer details. We go through this wheel and cycle until we are right where the Father needs us to be.

As I made a list of the things that I need to change to align my will with Our Father in Heavens I became thankful. I understood for probably the first time in my life how the Doctrine of Christ changes people. As I learned and grew from my experience I came to appreciate the love and sacrifice of Jesus Christ even more. If I don't feel rebuked or corrected everyday of my life then I am not living the Doctrine of Christ. If I am not living the Doctrine then I am not changing. If I am not changing then I am not becoming what I need to be. When I am corrected it means that my Father in Heaven loves me enough to help me become better. "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent." Revelation 3:19.

Repent daily! Pray to our Father with an open heart! Be honest with Him and you will feel so much better with yourself. You will come to understand the real importance of having Jesus Christ in your life. "...will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?" 3 Nephi 9:13.

No comments:

Post a Comment