Thursday, November 10, 2011

smelling the roses

God has created so many wonderful and beautiful things! What a special privilege we have as brothers and sisters to be a part of this world that He made just for us! "Behold, the Lord hath created the earth that it should be inhabited; and he hath created his children that they should possess it." (1 Nephi17:36) I love to just take in the beauty of the world that is around us. I sit and marvel and the wondrous things that He has created just for us. "..all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator." (Alma 30:44) There has to be a God! There is no way that this world just happened to be here.
 It makes me feel so special and so loved! He knows each of us so individually and loves each us so much! Yet there is so much out there in this BIG BEAUTIFUL world!  It amazes me that we are all so different even down to the very hairs of our heads. One day my companion and I were sitting in the car during a lunch. She was talking about her hair and how she wanted to get it cut. As I sat there thinking about it, I started comparing our hair. Thick and thin, soft and coarse! We are so different. But we are all created in His image!
I am so thankful for a loving and wonderful Heavenly Father that cared enough for me to send me here to this Earth. As beautiful as it may be it is hard, but it only makes those moments when you stop and smell the roses that much sweeter! It makes me feel like He is so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment