Tuesday, November 8, 2011

best friend

Have you ever been asked "If your house was on fire and you could only run back in for one thing what would you go get?" I have thought of this question time and time again. Lately only one thing comes back to my mind... My Scriptures! That is the only thing that I would run back in for. Yes I enjoy pictures and I love family keep sakes, but no worldly item mean more to me then my precious and loved Scriptures.

I love my Scriptures so much. I treat them with great respect and they have become a great friend to me. I love  Doctrine in Covenants 130:18 "Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life, it will rise with us in the resurrection." I want to attain ALL the intelligence that I can. I want to know my scriptures front and back and back again. In them I find the true meanings of life. I find the bold and loving truths and I find a stronger relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ. "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." (John 5:39) I search them. I mark them and I desire to become what they teach us to become. 

I know that the scriptures are true. Not only the Bible but the Book of Mormon. I have taken the promise of Moroni, (Moroni 10:3-5) I have asked in faith and I have received an answer that it is true. If my 9 year old Nephew can read the Book of Mormon, pray and ask if it is true and receive a witness from the Holy Ghost that it is, anyone that wants to know will receive a witness!! Love your scriptures. Make them one of your best friends and you will never be let down. We will run in together to grab our most prized possession.  

No comments:

Post a Comment