Tuesday, November 15, 2011

no beauty

When my mind gets going... there is no stopping it! The other day I was staring at flowers. They were so beautiful and just brilliant to look at. I caught myself staring and realized I had just gone off into a little dream world. I started thinking of how beautiful those precious flowers were, how easy it was for me to day dream and to love the delight that was sitting right in front of me.

It is so easy to love something that is beautiful. However it is not easy to love something that has no beauty. That is when it takes effort and a determination. Most of the time resulting in a deeper love and a stronger attachment. My mind remembered a scripture that talks about Jesus Christ "...and when we shall see him there is no beauty that we should desire him." (Mosiah 14:2) Although He had no beauty to desire, the things that He did for us are beautiful! "Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." (Mosiah 14:4-5)

I do not understand all that He went through. I will not ever know the pain that He felt. But to me it is beautiful. To me it makes my heart melt and my spirit rejoice. He is beautiful I have come to feel and see the beauty that radiates off His redeeming love. His beauty is much bigger then any I have ever seen or held. I can not wait for the day when He says to me "Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet..."(3 Nephi 11:14). He is my Savior. He is my brother and He is beautiful. On that sacred day will I rejoice for the testimony that I have. I will rejoice for the efforts I have done to keep His commandments and I will praise and adore at His feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment