Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A change of heart

Fish, Scallops, Oysters, Hush puppies, Devil Crab,
Lobster claw and Shrimp
I do not like fish! About the only thing I like about them is when they are in a tank or I see them from a boat. Fishing isn't even bad if someone else takes the fish of my hook. I do not like to eat any kind of fish or sea creature. I don't even like when their slimy bodies brush up next to my legs when I am swimming. I am just not a fan, never have been. But the other day I even ventured out and ate sea food. What prompted me to do this with my massive distaste for the awkward textures and fishy tastes? "When in Rome do as the Romans do."  When it all boils down to it I had a change of heart. I said to myself "Sister Surtees.... what is it really going to hurt? You try it and actually find out that you like it?" So I bit in and my life was changed! OK so maybe not my life but my thoughts and attitudes toward what I thought didn't enjoy changed. I hadn't even tried what I thought I hated! I just made preconceived notions and wasn't willing to just try it. In all honesty it wasn't bad. I am glad I took that plunge.

So here is my unique twist to the Gospel of Jesus Christ...

Devil Crab! I can see right where his eyes used to be!
There are so many people out there that say that the Book of Mormon is false, or that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is wrong. But these people were just like me a few days ago. They hadn't taken that first bite! I promise that once you try it your life will change! Say this to yourself... "** Insert name here**... what is it really going to hurt? You read it and actually find out that it is true. Then what? You are that much closer to Jesus Christ?" Seeking the truth cannot hurt! I know that the truth is out there! I know that we hold all the truth in this Church. The Lord needs us to put off the natural man and trust Him. If we do then He will show us the truth through the Holy Ghost.  "For the anatural bman is an cenemy to God, and has been from the dfall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he eyields to the enticings of the Holy fSpirit, and gputteth off the hnatural man and becometh a isaint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a jchild, ksubmissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."  Mosiah 3:19 Put yourself aside and seek what God really wants for you. Then you will feel brave as you take that bite and come to a realization that it is much better then you think! He will give you the strength and courage you need, for He knows this will bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment