Wednesday, September 21, 2011

a cherished brother

I grew up with 5 brothers. I love them all very much. They picked on me and teased me but it made me strong. They joked with me and rescued me from my dark scary room. They even rushed me to the hospital when I cracked open my chin or took care of me when I had surgery. They did many wonderful things. They showed me their love. Through all of these memories I have one brother holds a dear place in my heart, but I do not play favorites. This brother did a whole lot more for me than jet me off to the hospital, or drive me to school every morning. This brother felt my pain and suffered with me through everything I have felt.

Jesus Carrying a Lost LambWe shall call Him "...Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (2 Nephi 19:6) I have turned to Him in the deepest of sorrow and in the happiest of times. He was there for me each step of the way, holding my hand, calming my troubled heart and helping me feel the peace of His love.

Jesus Praying in GethsemaneMy other brothers, my sister, even my parents they never left my side. But they were there in a different way. Sometimes I would get frustrated with them saying "you dont understand" or "you don't know how I feel." With my dear Brother Jesus Christ I am never tempted to even say this. He does know. He felt it and He knows how to help me through it. While he suffered in the Garden of Gethsemone He felt each pain, each harsh word that cut to my heart. He felt the tears and the temptations that I felt. The sorrow I have when I sin... He felt greater things then I can ever imagine becuase He "...came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many." (Matt 20:28)

I have never needed Him as much as I need Him now. I have never felt the power of what He did strong as I feel it when I read from the Book of Mormon. We are all so blessed to have the opportunity to know him. To feel of His true and everlasting love. The kind of love that can and will carry us through it all. Look to him, He has the joy, the peace and the comfort that you have been searching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment