Wednesday, September 14, 2011

pure testimony

Just a few days ago I had the chance to sit at the feet of a servent of the Lord and learn from him. Elder Per G. Malm a General Authority, a leader in the Church, came to visit with our Mission. It was an amazing experience. Feeling the love and the devotion he had for our Father in Heaven was contageous! I felt his excitment and pure testimony flow from every word that he spoke. In all that was said I think the most precious of all was the feeling I felt.

This feeling was the Holy Ghost. How peaceful and amazing that feeling was. I felt as if my Father in Heaven was sitting right beside me. Like He was whispering right into my ear that He loved me, and that He was watching out for me. "And it came to pass when they heard this voice, and beheld that it was not a voice of thunder, neither was it a voice of a great tumultuous noise, but behold, it was a still voice of perfect mildness, as if it had been a whisper, and it did pierce even to the very soul—" Helaman 5:30 That is a feeling I wish to never lose, and never forget!

I know that our Father in Heaven loves us, each and everyone! I know that our Savior Jesus Christ suffered pains and afflictions and temptaions of every kind for you and for me. (Alma 7:11) I know with every part of me that Jesus Christ is our Savior. That only through Him can we be saved again. I know that this is His Church! I could go on and on for days about the things that I know! I know them because I asked. I humbled myself and I asked my Father in Heaven if the these things were true and He told me through the Holy Ghost. Through that still small voice.

Our Father in Heaven calls prophets to lead and to guide us. He works the same yesterday, today and forever! If Prophets and Apostles were needed in times of old then they are sure needed now! I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to hear from one of His dedicated servents! To feel the Spirit that he brought into the room, and to have my testimony strengthened! What a blessing it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment