Tuesday, March 27, 2012

prayers of soy milk

Recently I have decided that I was going to switch to drinking Soy milk. Bad idea without trying it first! It is not very good. This morning right before eating my breakfast I prayed to Heavenly Father to make it taste better, and what do ya know it was a lot better then my first try. Prayers no matter how silly we think they are sometimes or how small are something special to our Heavnely Father. He answers our prayers because He loves us!

The great Book of Mormon prophet Nephi shares loads of experiences from his life on receiving answers to prayers. In 1 Nephi 2:16 he say's "having great desires to know of the mysteries of God, wherefore, I did cry unto the Lord; and behold he did visit me, and did soften my heart that I did believe all the words which had been spoken by my father..." I like Nephi didn't receive what I wanted just by sitting back and expecting Heavenly Father to just give it to me. We both prayed and asked for the things that we desired.

We need to not be afraid to ask our Heavenly Father for the things that we need, want, or desire. If He didnt want to help us, hear our cries, our stories and all about our lives... He wouldnt have taught us about prayer. President Henry B. Eyring stated "Every child of God can commune in prayer with Him." We are ALL children of God!

Prayer is how we ask.. and most often prayers are answered through other people. We have a special opportunity to hear from the Prophet and Apostles this weekend at General Conference. I have recently been reminded to "Think of questions [I] want answered during general conference. Write them down and pray to know the answers." (President Barry, mission president) 

I know that if we pray and seek for the answers we desire that we will receive them. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf promised blessings of receiving answers to these prays and said "Answers to your specific prayers may come directly from a particular talk or from a specific phrase. At other times answers may come in a seemingly unrelated word, phrase, or song. A heart filled with gratitude for the blessings of life and an earnest desire to hear and follow the words of counsel will prepare the way for personal revelation."

Prepare now! Ask for help direction, comfort whatever it may be. You will receive these answers as you watch conference this weekend with an open heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment