Tuesday, March 20, 2012

not my will

Round 15... unload the bikes and what do you know... my front tire is flat! Its been 6 long weeks of try after try to get my companion and I seated on bikes. First no bikes, then no bike rack for the car, then no hitch, then no bikes again etc etc. After this last attempt I finally gave in.. "Maybe we aren't supposed to ride bikes!" I had forgotten the phrase "Not my will but thine."

We forget in our desperate wants and desires to give in to the Lord and what He wants for us. We think it's all about us and what we want. It's not all give me, give me and then BAM it's at your door or in your mail box. Sometimes in these moments of self centered wishes we forget to ask the Lord. To talk to Him about what He thinks is the best option.

We should seek each day for the will of our Lord. Not always for the things that we want. Time, effort, emotions and sometimes money are saved when we, as my mom would say, "Do it right the first time, then you won't have to do it again." Neal A. Maxwell said  "As you submit your wills to God, you are giving Him the only thing you can actually give Him that is really yours to give. Don't wait too long to find the altar or to begin to place the gift of your wills upon it! No need to wait for a receipt; the Lord has His own special ways of acknowledging." 


  "... the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord." (Mosiah 24:15Lets pray a little harder and follow a little stronger the will of the Lord. In doing I know that our lives will be in harmony with our Heavenly Father. Like Alma I have seen happiness when I have submitted cheerfully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment