Tuesday, April 24, 2012

my thrill ride


Missions are like roller coasters. You stand in line for hours, only to spend what seems like seconds flying through loops and twists at mind blowing speeds. When you are just really beginning to enjoy it the ride slows to a sudden stop and you are sent walking into the next adventure that awaits.

For the last 18 months I have worked, prayed, fought, bled, cried, laughed, hurt and felt much joy. Almost like my own personal thrill ride. It has been the best experience for my life, I have changed and grown more than I ever imagined.

I left my family, my career, and everything I loved to sacrifice such a short amount of time serving in the Vinyard for my Lord. Now once again, I am leaving my family, my career and everything I love and returing home. But I could not be happier! I could not be filled with more joy, because I KNOW that this is what my Father in Heaven wants for me at this time! I am happy to follow Him to wherever and whatever He expects of me. I would never do anything that would pull me away from following Him!

I have been blessed to witness so many wonderful miracles! But I have also had my share of the hard. Ups, and down's and twists and turns; see my thrill ride?  "Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people...yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land." (Alma 26:36)

There is not better place to be than right where the Lord would have me to be. I am grateful for each experience that I have had and each moment that helped my testimony grow! The people, the experiences, the Spirit I have felt will never leave my heart! Each memory has been etched so deep into my soul. "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."(Alma 26:12) I will praise His name Forever, because in His strength I was able to accomplish the great task that was placed in front of me 18 short months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment