Saturday, February 18, 2012

too busy?

Dearest readers it sure has been awhile since I was able to post!  I am sorry that it has taken me so long. I have been so blessed to be kept busy. "Busy" what a crazy word.

It amazes me that people can get so wrapped up in what they are doing that they forget to do the littlest things. One thing I have noticed that gets pushed aside a lot is prayer and scripture study. It makes me sad to think that people are too "busy" to talk with our Father. I can't go a day without thinking of Him and thanking Him for His infinite love! He is always there for us. I have felt this so often in my crazy life. Even when we think we can do it without Him, He is standing right there waiting for us to call upon Him for the help we need. President Gordon B. Hinckley said "It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out.  Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers." We are literally His children and He loves us. Why would He leave us to deal with our busy lives on our own? He doesn't, and He will not.

I pray that each of us will not forget our Father. The Creator of the world takes time to listen to us and help us with the struggles in our lives. We can take a moment out of our day to pray to Him, to share His message with those around us and to be obedient to the commandments He has established.  In doing these small things our "busy" lives can turn around. We will find peace in this life. I will not let my busy life get in the way of what my Father in Heaven expects of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment